When you look in the Windows menu, is the Instrument List checked already? If so, then it is already opened. If it isn't checked already, then it isn't opened and I can't begin to see how you couldn't open it.

If it is already opened (i.e. checked) an you can't see it, try hiding your taskbar at the bottom of the screen, since it might be hidden behind it, or try clicking on the RESTORE button or the MINIMIZE button of your score and seeing if the instrument list is hiding behind the score.

I am running Win98se and Fin2004b and have no problem opening and closing the instrument window. Sorry I can't help you more.

David H. Bailey

Angela Turner wrote:

Dear all,
Since installing the 2004 b update, I've not been able to bring up the instrument list dialog box (under the "window" menu).
Have 2003a installed on the same machine and that displays as expected. The same file in 2004b, or any file for that matter - no instrument list. I've resized, minimized etc. etc. and cannot find it hidden behind anything.
Thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had / is having similar problems? Any solutions?
(PC, WinME and 2004b).

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]