On Mar 22, 2004, at 5:52 AM, David Froom wrote:

I just discovered the time signature metatools, Are they new to Fin 2004?

Wow. I just tried this in Fin Mac 2k2 and it works there, too.

It's slightly different from what you describe, though. Possibly it's just my own template, but I found none of the time sig metatools preprogrammed -- but I can program them myself. Also, to apply a time sig metatool, I have to double-click, not just a single click like the other metatools.

For me, it's not a gigantic improvement, since I don't change time signatures all that much, but it's still nice. I'd update my template to program a bunch of them, except that I expect to upgrade to 2k4 soon anyway. (I bought it a few weeks ago, but haven't gotten around to installing.)

I found this feature in the Keyboard Shortcuts part of the online
manual, under the subheadings "To Program a Time Signature Metatool" and "To
Use a Time Signature Metatool."

When I first got 2k2, I found that reading the Keyboard Shortcuts appendix in the manual was extremely useful in discovering little tricks, but I don't remember seeing that one.

mdl