Sorry, not sure the 3M link works in my post below, try:

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/office/computer_workstation/node_GSNG558FYWbe/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_GSVFQG1Y9Fge/gvel_SGJ62MP1RBgl/theme_us_computerworkstation_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html

Rodney

At 12:00 PM 18/03/2004 -0600, Owain Sutton wrote:
Message: 28
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:49:59 +0000
From: Owain Sutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Finale] Graphics tablets
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm becoming concerned about the extent of my mouse usage with Finale,
particularly with a family history of wrist problems.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of using a graphics tablet
with the program?  Does it work well, better, worse than with a mouse?
Any suggestions of what to look for or avoid?

Owain

I have had big problems with pain in my wrists and arms as a result of palm-down mousing and possibly generally un-ergonomic computer use over the years - resulting in RSI and probably carpal tunnel syndrome. This affliction has had a dramatically negative impact on my woodwind, keyboard and guitar playing. I have now effectively eliminated the extremely painful wrist problems, partly due to my purchase of a handshake-grip mouse called the 3M Ergonomic Mouse, see http://www.3m.com/ergonomics/ergonomicmouse.jhtml

I have experienced some deferred pain in my upper arm with this mouse, but it is generally wonderful to use. I sometimes use palm-down mice in rotation with the 3M mouse on big jobs, and occasionally use my non-preferred arm for mousing. Combining all of this with an office re-designed for postural/ergonomic comfort, as well as specific regular exercise to counter computer related strain, I now work and perform in relative comfort. I will always be vulnerable to RSI in any activity, I just need to manage it sensibly.

I have contemplated using a voice recognition product like Dragon Naturally Speaking to ease mouse use generally, but haven't tried that yet - imagine *commanding* Finale to do what you want it to....!!!! MakeMusic!?

Hope that is useful.

Rodney