Hi all,

Don't know if this has been reported to the list yet or not. In addition to brutally sluggish performance
of Finale 2004 on my Mac G4 dual 800 (1.25 gig of RAM/ OSX 10.3), I ran into an additional problem when I went to print from my first project completed ( in easily 50% more time than the same project would have been in Finale 2003 in OS 9 or Sibelius 3 in OSX). When I went to print the image was was about 10% of the size it should have been. It printed in the upper left corner of the page, the whole image was there just really small. I went to check and see if the percentage was 100%, it was and then I realized there was no page size to be selected for my HP 1200 laserjet, the bar was blank. I might add, I could print from, Digital Perfomer, Sibelius, Mail center and Apple works with no such problem.

I called Coda and to make a long story short, no help. The tech had heard of the problem, seemed to him there was a solution but he could remember it and couldn't find it any where but they know there has been a problem with the HP 1200 Laserjet.

I called HP and after some trouble shooting, the tech suggested I try to use a different print driver and it worked!
The driver is the HP Laserjet 6 series, CUPS+Gimp+Print v4.2.5 which you can select in you Printer Setup Utility.
1. Add a new printer
2. Printer Model: select HP, scroll down and select HP Laserjet 6 series, CUPS+Gimp+Print v4.2.5
3. Click add, select the new printer you've added and go to Finale and print.

This driver works with all of my apps in OSX 10.3.2. It even seems to print a bit faster than the Default HP Laserjet 1200 driver.

Hope this saves someone else the hours it took me to get this worked out.

Regards,

John Hinchey
Hinchey Music Services
Nashville, TN