With my premature migration to Fin2004 and its recurring PostScript
nightmare I decided to try a technique someone reported here. It worked
pretty well so I thought I would spread the word:

I saved a FinWin2004 MUS file as an ETF.
Opened the ETF file in a text editor (Notepad).
Opened an old FinWin 2003 ETF file in another text editor window.
Copied and replaced the first 30 lines of the 2003 file into the 2004 file.
Saved the new 2004 file.

I was then able to open the ETF file in Fin2003 although it was originally
created in Fin2004.

All text expressions were lost (or mangled).
Layer 1 turned into layer 2, etc. (Layer 4 was lost, layer 1 was empty.)
Amazingly, all articulations (which had only ever existed in 2004) were
perfect.
All spacing and placement of notes and rests was perfect.

I then was able to use previously succesful means of making EPS files and am
awaiting word from the publisher (on a Mac and avoiding FinMac2004) as to
whether they can will work.

Richard Yates