Hi,
One shouldn't overlook the effect of 'cancel outgoing key signature' in the options...
Hope this helps,
Klaas.

Op 4-apr-04 om 10:14 heeft Michael Cook het volgende geschreven:

To get what you want, change the key signature of the middle passage from Bb minor to Db major. Make sure that "Hold notes to original pitches chromatically" is checked.

Best wishes,

Michael Cook

Hey folks,

The way Finale treats key sigs seems off to me. Maybe
it's following conventionn, maybe not. I'll write what
I want to do, and if any of you can tell me how to do
it, or if I'm "wrong", then please let me know.

I have one flat, then the key changes to 5 flats, then
later back to one. If Cancel Outgoing Key Sig is
checked in Doc Options, then Finale will cancell the
one flat, then rewrite the 5. I don't think it needs
to do that.
But, when I go from 5 back to one, I do want it to
cancel the other four flats.

By the way, the one flat section is in F Major, and
the 5 flat section is in Bb Minor. I've fiddled around
the with Change of Mode setting check box, but haven't
had any luck.

Is Finale correct to cancell out a flat only to
include it again in the new signature?

Ryan