At 4:45 PM +0200 4/08/04, Giovanni Andreani wrote:

Thank you David, and all who answered to my question. I didn't get to explain myself correctly. Her's how it stands: I've got, lets say, a 16 bars melody in 3/8 and a metronome value as: sixteenth = 120. I want to display the metronome's pulse over each of the 16 bars, like a series of beats overlaying the melody, shifted above the staff; I would have to display, in this case, six metronome symbols per each measure. The symbol of the M.M.'s beat has not to be related to the sixteenth value. I personally selected a cross symbol like the percussion map ride cymbal, but was asking myself if there where a sort of conventional symbol/s for displaying M.M.'s beats

Thanks again
Giovanni

If you were to enter them all as measure or note expressions, you would have to position them all individually, which might take a bit of time if you have a lot of them.

I would add a new staff, enter a measure of 3 eighth notes on the same pitch, change the note heads to the cross symbol using Mass Edit>Utilites>Change>Noteheads (type shift = on my keyboard), copy the measure as many times as needed, and change the Staff Attributes> Items to Display> uncheck everything.

Also change in the same dialogue box uncheck Desplay Rests in Empty Measures, and change the Staff Staff to "0 line with full barline".

This worked perfectly for me on FinMac2003.

Christopher