I did some more testing with Graphics Converter and found that it easily imports and exports TIF and can convert them to EPS. You can also edit and trim the files easily in GC. The problem with the exported EPS files is that you can't see the content of them in Finale, although they do print out. The print out is also smudgy compared to the original.

I don't think the cost of GC is the problem (it came free with many Mac systems, has a long (infinite?) demo period where everything works, and the shareware price is cheap), but there are workflow issues, as David Bailey pointed out, and the output in the end is not acceptable.

Ultimately the solution lies with MakeMusic to correct things.

-Randolph Peters

P.S. Just curious, but why doesn't TIF work?

First of all I am not convinced that those EPS files work properly. PS files
produced this way certainly don't. But apart from this I really need to be
able to easily save parts of pages as EPS. The emphasis is on easily. Such
work arounds are far too much work for a work flow that worked fine in 2k3.

Johannes

On 16.04.2004 6:57 Uhr, Randolph Peters wrote

 I can understand why people are upset that the ability to make eps
 files from within Finale Mac 2004(b) is a missing feature. I don't
 understand why people feel they have no options. Here is something
 that I wrote to the list a few weeks ago and it still applies with
 the 2004b update:

 **********************
 I just got my copy of Finale Mac 2004 and one of the first things I
 tested was a way to generate postscript files, pdf files as well as
 eps.

 My printer driver (Mac OS 10.3.2) lets me save a print job as
 postscript or as a pdf. To get an eps file from either of those
 outputs you can drop the file onto Graphic Converter and save as an
 eps.

 There are other programs that can also do this, but Graphic Converter
 is cheap ($35), has a long demo period if you just want to try it
 out, and is the Swiss Army Knife of graphic programs.

http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/graphdownload.htm