When you look in the User Manual folder, are the files actually there? Try changing the main folder name from Finale 2004a to Finale 2004 or be sure the folder indicated for the User Manual actually has the "a" after the Finale 2004.

It seems as if it's probably a minor discrepancy that is having a major effect for you.

David H. Bailey

David McKay wrote:

I am still unable to access the User Manual from within Finale.
I reinstalled the program, and this time I turned off Zone Alarm and the
installation went more successfully. Last time, it "hung" and the Finale
icons, etc were not put into the Start menu.

Last time, I bypassed the installation of Acrobat Reader as I already have
the most up to date version.

This time, I thought I would keep the installation program happy, and let it
try to install Acrobat Reader.

I have installed the FinWin 2004b update, and again, I can't access the User
Manual from within the program.

Darcy gave this suggestion:

Check that Program Options -> Folders -> User Manual points to the correct folder on your HD. (If it turns out that was the problem, remember to save your preferences!)

But here is what I find there:
Everything is installed like this:
C:\Program Files\Finale 2004a\User Manual
[i.e. templates, libraries, plugins, etc].

But I have no trouble accessing templates, libraries, plugins.

Does anyone have any other thoughts, please?

Is this happening to anyone else?

David McKay
davidDOTmckayATozemailDOTcomDOTau
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~musicke