At 9:13 AM -0400 6/01/04, dhbailey wrote:

I'm not sure it would be possible, since staff styles are applied in toto to the selected measures or parts of measures and the change is immediate, whereas expressions are applied only when that point is reached in real time.

Huh? I'm not understanding you. Are you saying that staff styles can't be applied to partial measures? Because they can.

What might be nicer/easier would be the ability to add text to a staff style, so that when applying the staff style for your bari example we could have it show (on bari), rather than the current system where we have to assign the staff style and then add an expression or a text block.

Yes, that might be nice, but I'm holding out for some of the standing bugs (or features, depending on your point of view) to be ironed out first. My general productivity would depend way more on certain OTHER things being easier to do (like assign chord symbols to beats instead of always to measure items.) I think I can deal with the couple of keystrokes necessary to assign measure expressions in the meantime.

Christopher