David Bailey wrote:
> A beta tester on another list has let drop that there more new features
> coming in 2005, which is currently in beta-testing.  Nothing specific
> was said, but I just thought I would say they apparently are on schedule
> for the normal August release of the new version.

I know that for financial reasons, Makemusic has to get a new version out
every year, but I wonder if this yearly cycle is in fact hurting deeper
(necessary) innovation in Finale.  For example, we all would no doubt would
have a list of 20 fantastic proposed innovations and things requiring fixing
in the current version, let alone undertake major structural reforms as have
been suggested here recently.  How realistic is it to expect such things to
be incorporated and fixed when they need to be programmed, tested etc. etc.
etc. within a one-year cycle?

I suppose I'm just hoping that Makemusic has some long-term vision for the
product and where it's heading as well as shorter-term features and so
forth.  The multiple-style-sheet layout over a relational database model
would be particularly nice to see.

My 2c

Matthew