On Thursday, June 10, 2004, at 11:03 AM, dhbailey wrote:
Brad Beyenhof wrote:
Listsibs:
I'm working on a score (MacFin2k4b) in which I would like the ending brackets to be at a different height on each of the two staves over which they appear. The top staff displays measure numbers on every measure, so it needs to have the brackets moved up to accommodate; however, every time I attempt to do so, the brackets over the Piano staff (this is a string orchestra + piano piece) move as well.
Optimizing doesn't allow the endings to be independent; is there any way to do this short of attempting to create my own graphic ending brackets for one staff or the other?

I don't think there is any way to do it using the built-in ending brackets. They remain inextricably linked. I guess the only option is to have the one be too high in the score.
I've seen lots of two-part music, though, where the bottom staff doesn't have the brackets at all. Have you thought about turning them off for that staff?

Thought of it, yes. Asked the editor of the piece, and leaving them off the Piano part in the score is a no-go.

--
Brad Beyenhof