On 28.06.2004 12:13 Uhr, Jari Williamsson wrote

>> You mean you'd rather have EPS actually working properly instead of
>> MicNotator?  Oh, man, and those folks in the marketing department
>> ASSURED the development team that micnotator would make people forget
>> about that EPS problem!  ;-)
>
> What kind of problem do you have with the MicNotator? Which wind
> instrument are you using?
> I think the main damage the marketing people did regarding the
> MicNotator was that they initially implied/advertised that it should
> work with any instrument and even with singing - it will not. I will work
> with wind instruments - if the microphone is correctly positioned and
> the mic level is correctly set. Please refer to the page 8-36 of the
> Fin2004 documentation.

I think what David meant was that MicNotator has rather little practical use
for any professional application of Finale. Now that may be debatable, but I
have so far only come across 1 person who said MicNotator was an important
feature for him. EPS is important to many Finale users, esp. those who use
Finale professionally.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com