On Jul 13, 2004, at 11:42 AM, shirling & neueweise wrote:

hi owain, dennis explained most of it already. if you want it to cover the existing time sigs (there seems to be no other way to do this at present), [...]

This calls for a feature request. The key, I think, is to ask for something that Coda could easily deliver. I'm not sure exactly how hard it would be for the programmers to redo Finale so that it can actually make sense of the non-standard time signatures, but I'm sure it would be a much lesser task for them to simply add an option to the "Display As" option which lets you type in directly any numerals you want to appear as the numerator and denominator. I think that would satisfy most users and would be a relatively simple fix for the programmers.

By the way, is this something which might currently be addressed in the ETF file? Seems like the numbers to display must be in there somewhere, and if you know how to find them maybe you could just alter them there.

mdl