[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
To anybody who cares:
Hello. I have just joined the list, so if this question was asked recently, I did not see it. I would like to know the best way to make ritardandos so that they are played back correctly. I followed the Finale Manuals tutorial exactly, and everything seemed to work correctly, from drawing the shape, making a custom 'molto rit.' sign, and placing it in the music. However, when I played it back, it did not slow down at all, and when I checked the executed shape, it had been replaced with a blank shape, and the Time and Level Scales had been reset to 1:1. Whenever I replace the shape or scales however, as soon as I press 'OK' 'Select' and 'OK', the shape is replaced with a blank one again. This happens no matter which shape I choose to be executed, and soon they are all replaced with the evil void of white of which I regard with great fear.
Forgive me for rambling; please do not shoot me if I am making a really stupid mistake.

Noel reported that it has been supposedly fixed in the more recent updates to 2004. I don't know because I haven't tried it since it didn't work well for me before, BUT one of the workarounds that somebody reported was that after you defined the shape and set the time and level scales you need to click the X to close the dialog and not the OKAY button. I wish I could remember more specifically, but if you sent a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (provided you're on the windows platform, macsupport if you're on a mac) they should be able to detail how to take care of it.

--
David H. Bailey