Johannes Gebauer wrote:

On 20.07.2004 23:32 Uhr, Allen Fisher wrote

Measures are frames (1 layer in one measure in one staff to be precise).
Text blocks are text blocks. (and text blocks include staff names,
expressions, and I think lyrics as well as text blocks.)

I would suspect the magic number is somewhere around 32,767...

Anyone ready to volunteer to try it out?

I don't expect to need that many, but I am trying out, after a fashion A choir in which I participate is singing the Bach St. John Passion next spring, and because it proved quite popular this past spring with the St. Matthew to print the chorales in the program to enable audience participation, I am using Finale to do the entire program for the St. John, in part as a test bed for testing the utility of incorporating tricks and ideas I have gained from studying letterpress (hand-set type) techniques as a means of improving the appearance of text blocks.in Finale documents.

I'll keep you posted....

ns