On Jul 23, 2004, at 2:00 PM, Ryan Beard wrote:

I know there are full scores of some shows out there.
I did RAGTIME two years ago and they sent a full score
to use during the run. We did the first regional
production of it anywhere. I guess the show was so new
that the publisher hadn't made the reduction at that
point. Two volumes of over 1000 pages each isn't very
handy during performances, but it was great for
rehearsals. The parts were exquisitely hand copied as
well. Good show.
Anyone know who worked on it? It previewed in late
1997 in Toronto then premiered in NYC in 1998. Darcy,
any ideas?
Ryan
Still recovering from my 42nd Street rehearsal....

William D. Brohn orchestrated, who was the same orchestrator as for Crazy For You. Quite a brilliant musician, in my opinion. The musicians were local Toronto cats, which is to say, they were first-rate players by any standard. I don't know who conducted, but I would venture a guess that he/she was an American import for the first run.

Christopher