Obviously, this gets to the heart of the problem I have with Dennis's "nonpop" label.

Is everything that isn't pop "nonpop"? One would think so, based on the nomenclature.

Would that mean that jazz is "nonpop" (unless it makes the pop charts, like Diana Krall)?

Would that also mean all folk and ethnic music is "nonpop," (unless it makes the pop charts, like Youssou N'Dour)?

Besides which, to me it seems pretty futile to run from the word "classical." Like it or not, it seems y'all are pretty much stuck with it.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY