On Aug 25, 2004, at 12:42 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Someone please tell me WHAT the classical music world has against the word "arrangement." What's wrong with saying "Arranged for band"? "Arranged for string quartet"? "Arranged for wind octet"?

The classical music world has nothing against the word "arrangement". From this discussion, it sounds like we use the term even more broadly than the non-nonpop world does. As Andrew pointed out, for us pretty much all of these things are subcategories for the larger category of "arrangement".