Howard Begun wrote:

David Bailey wrote:

Are there any Windows users with wireless networks on this list who
also use cordless keyboards and/or mice?  I am very interested in
it, but not if it eats batteries every few hours.

I use an MS Wireless Desktop Elite which includes an Intellimouse
Explorer 2.0. I have a D-Link 802.11g wireless router sitting about 3
feet from the mouse/keyboard receiver. I've had no interference
problems and I get about 2-3 months on the mouse batteries and 5-6 on
the keyboard. This is with daily (8-10 hours) use. Earlier MS mice
did go through batteries pretty quickly (weeks, not hours) but the
latest generation is supposed to have much better power management
and my own experience seems to back this up. More importantly, I find
no difference in response or precision than with corded mice.
[snip]

Howard,

Thanks for your reply. I will continue to consider cordless mouse and keyboard, based on your experience.

David