Hi David,

Thank you for your timely response. Looks very clear to me. I will give it a go tomorrow and I expect it will work just fine.

Ken

At 08:42 PM 9/16/2004 -0400, you wrote:
D. Keneth Fowler wrote:

Once again I go to the wisdom of the List.
WinFin 2004b. Some time ago I saved a Finale file in .wav format to avoid using the Finale playback system where the data stream sometimes chokes and the music stops. I don't remember how I handled the process, but it worked fine. I just saved another file as a .wav. I played the file via Finale with its choke points and on the Windows player, but in the second case there is no way I can find to set a desired tempo. Is tempo info set in the .wav file? Do I set the desired tempo before saving as a.wav file? How does one play a .wav file at the desired tempo? How can I tell the .wav file to replay at a different tempo? Did I overlook this process when I went through the User Manual?

A .wav file is purely the audio data generated by the program.

Any tempo adjustment you want to do has to be done BEFORE it's recorded as a wave file.

Set the tempo in Finale by several different means:

1) in a work without expressions defined for tempo playback, you can simply adjust the tempo in the little tempo window on the playback controls;
2) you can define an expression (or several, to get tempo changes) to set the tempo;

But when you record the wave file you should be getting EXACTLY what you have put into the finale file, so if you don't have any tempo set, it'll playback at the default 120 or whatever it is that shows up in the tempo window next to the playback controls.

--
David H. Bailey