On 21.09.2004 18:02 Uhr, Ryan Beard wrote

> Thanks for all of the responses. I should have noted
> that I want this all in one document so I can make a
> booklet on my large format printer. And I do want the
> convenience of just printing one document and being
> done with it.

As I said, if your printer is a PS printer it is pretty easy.

> Is it worth it to make a feature request to Finale to
> make text block improvements? I know Finale isn't a
> word processor, but in the emerging world of desktop
> publishing, I think it would serve them well to
> improve the way the program handles text. I'm not
> expecting a spell checker or anything fancy, but
> asking for the tabs to jump to a fixed distance
> doesn't seem like much to me. Anyone agree?

Although I can see that this would help in some situations, I don't think I
want MakeMusic spend too much time on this. To really be useful they would
have to add a real word processor, with layout functions. Personally I would
rather see other things improved before this is done. YMMV

However, what I would like to see is support for PDF embedding on the Mac.
This is where OS X is headding, and I think a lot of the programming is
already included in the System itself. That would make embedding TOCs very
easy. Create your TOC in Word, Quark or whatever you like, and include it as
PDF inside the Finale Doc.

Johannes

Johannes
--