On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:48:57 -0400, Christopher Smith
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Aaron Sherber wrote:
> > At 10:57 AM 10/11/2004, Owain Sutton wrote:
> > >I get an 'incompatible file' error - Win2K3
> >
> > Well, it is a Win2K4 file -- I didn't realize that libraries were
> > version-specific.
> >
> > You are unzipping the file first, right?
>
> Libraries aren't SUPPOSED to be version, nor platform, specific. I
> can't open it in FinMac 2004b either. It corrupts my file in the same
> way (creating a blank multi-measure rest for the first 23 measures or
> so, and other odd behaviour, indicating most likely a corrupt file.)
>
> Yes I unzipped it. It shows up as Bracket Articulation.LIB on my
> desktop, but Finale doesn't recognise it as a Finale file (no news
> there, since it came from a PC, it wouldn't have the Mac-specific
> headers). But when I ask Finale to load a library, select "All file
> types", and open it anyway (which works in most Mac programs to force
> recognition) I get the behaviour I described.
>
> Perhaps a full Finale file, with only the articulation library loaded?
> I (nor my colleagues) don't usually have any problems with those,
> especially when zipped.

When I attempt to load the library on MacFin2k5, it will cause the
first 23 measures (of any score I attempt to load it into) to become
one giant blank measure, and nothing is added to the articulation
selection dialog.

I even tried opening a new Document without Libraries, and the same
thing happened. It appeared to work fine at first, but when I tried to
enter notes into the first bar it swallowed up the following 22 bars
and made the file unusable again.

--
Brad Beyenhof
[EMAIL PROTECTED]