Thanks for that Karen -- you've been a great help. Instances -- that's a first for me.

The thing that confuses me here is that I have no USB equipement. Oh -- I think I just got it! Midi cables have not changed -- I just plug midi into USB. Doh! It's being delivered today so you won't have time to reply.

Thanks again

Jerry

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

serial card and just plug in my system as it is I should be up and away no?

You could do it this way. But I would suggest getting an inexpensive USB midi interface. Check out the Edirol UM-1X. It is an all in one 1X1 interface. (cables, interface and usb connector are all one piece) It'll cost you around $50.00.

Best,

Karen