Taris,

Others will know how to do this within Finale, but since there are many of these, it might be worth it to you to consider Bill Duncan's Finale Productivity "kit," which has this problem (and many others) elegantly addressed. I have this package, largely because of the excellent chord font, and Bill has been generous with help and support. Take a look.

<http://www.gwmp.com/IndexBody.htm>

Chuck