At 09:13 AM 10/19/2004, Brad Beyenhof wrote:
>I'm looking for a particular shape that exists as a font character. I
>need to have two separate 45-degrees-from-horizontal lines; one that
>goes from the bottom-left of the character to the middle-right and one
>that goes from the top-left to the middle-right.

Those would be 22.5 degree lines; 45 degree lines would give you an X.

>Does this exist in any known font? Is there an easy (preferably
>inexpensive) way to do this myself on OSX?

Is there a reason that the > character doesn't work for you? Take a look at it in different fonts, since the way the character is drawn can differ. On my WinXP system, for example, the character in Arial is rather narrow, while the character in Courier New looks pretty close to what you describe.

And assuming we're talking about Finale here, why do you need a font character as opposed to a shape?

Aaron.