Just to re-lclarify,  the pitches were different.

Dean

On Oct 26, 2004, at 6:30 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:

So I'm not in the potatoes (sorry, been speaking a lot of joual French recently, I mean out to lunch) when I said that two half note heads connected by sixteenth beams is not normal notation to fill a measure? I have seen that notation with two DIFFERENT pitches on the half note heads to indicate a measured tremolo, but not to indicate repeated notes, and in all cases two half note heads only takes up two beats, not an entire measure.

Christopher