on 11/15/04 10:38 PM, Darcy James Argue at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Then why the problem with using a staff style to force the measure no?
> I routinely do this with optimized scores where the measure number is
> required at the top of every section (i.e., not just top staff and Vln.
> I).  Assuming "a handful" means fewer than 50 staves, it shouldn't take
> you long at all to fix this issue using staff styles.

It has to do with the way the strings staves are set up, via the client's
wishes, in order to accommodate complex string divisi.  There are a minimum
of 4 staves each for Violin 1,2, Viola, Celli, and Bass, as well as 5 staves
for Viola d'gambi.  In trying to sort out this measure number dilemma, I
discovered that sometimes I entered notes onto single staves on the 2nd or
3rd stave rather than the first of each group.  It's not an issue once
everything is optimized, but it was an issue when trying to fix the measure
numbers.  While I could go thru the score and fix it, I simply don't have
the time.  So I'm opting to leave it alone or possibly go Javier's route
with a ghost staff if the client presses the issue.  But given the looming
deadlines, I don't think he'll press it.

J.D. Thomas
ThomaStudios
West Linn  OR

http://www.thomastudios.com