ALL my eps files seem to break whenever I upgrade Finale. I use eps extensively in my school handouts,

I do school handouts and exams - after the EPS preview quality became so bad in Fin2004 (deliberate choice by Makemusic), I have now switched to 600dpi TIFF. The onscreen image is back to where it used to be with EPS (I like to be able to see the graphics clearly on screen - not just when printed).

I also experienced the EPS font changing problem at times, especially across different version of MSWord.

I think TIFF will do me fine now. Unsized, I couldn't tell the difference off my Laser printer. 300dpi TIFF was slightly jaggy compared to EPS, but 600dpi is identical to my eye.

--

Rocky Road - in Oz

"Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica, leads a ragtag, fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest, for a shining planet known as Earth."