At 08:11 PM 11/20/2004, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
>Ah, my fault. I'd misconstrued the line and the bracket. The smart bracket
>is the one I can't get to go vertically because it loses its arms.

Hmmm. If I use the Custom Line Tool to create my own bracket (Line Style solid, with a Start hook and an End hook), I can get it to go at any angle, including vertical. If you rotate the shape after placing it, the direction of the hooks can be a little finicky, so it's best to create it vertically by shift-dragging. Dragging from top to bottom puts the hooks on the right; dragging from bottom to top puts them on the left.

Aaron.