Hi all,

I dunno if anyone else sees this behavior, but in MacFin2005a, it seems like the files are always flagged as "dirty," i.e., unsaved. In OS X, when a file has unsaved changes, the red widget in the title bar gets a small black circle in the center, and and the icon in the title bar fades out. When you save, the little circle is supposed to go away and the icon is supposed to go solid -- indicating that the file has no unsaved changes -- and this did in fact happen in earlier versions of Finale.

You can check this by manually saving a MacFin2005a file, and then closing it immediately afterward. MacFin2005a will ask you if you want to save changes!

Earlier versions of Finale had a bug where the autosave routine would trip the "dirty" flag, causing files with no real unsaved changes to be labeled as unsaved, but this is the first time I've seen a version of Finale that believes that *every* file has unsaved changes, no matter what you do.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture."

— Thomas Paine