Jari Williamsson / 04.11.22 / 7:07AM wrote:

>Can you give examples of some other dual platform (Win/OSX combo) CDs
>that this can drive _can_ handle?

TiBook800 ComboDrive most definitely reads hybrid CDR.  If Finale hybrid
installer has problem with certain Mac, they probably didn't create the
installer CD with correct volume map, or map is written with weaker pits.
 TiBook800 ComboDrive does have somewhat weaker optical reader.

I don't have Finale hybrid installer CD to try.  I have them separate.
Which now making me feel wonder.  When Finale came out with Win version,
I asked if there is a deal but they told me I have to purchase it
separately at full price.  Later, I had my wife buy Win version for her
academic privilege since I no longer have the privilege because I quit
teaching at Conservatory, and I don't seems to need to use Win version
(before OSX Jaguar, I still needed Win2K for network admin stuff but not
anymore :).

Now Finale has hybrid install?  Do you still have to pay double?

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>