Sorry about this off-topic post once again, but this list has helped me on similar quests in the past.

I am having a pretty hard time trying to find an edition of a set of string quintets (2Vl, Vla, 2 Vlc) by Luigi Boccherini.

I am looking for Work Numbers (after the Gerard catalogue) 340-345, which are op.40 in Boccherini's own numbering and op.50 in the first edition, which was published by Janet and Cotele in 1822 as volume 15 (of the complete quintets). Unfortunately the state library in Berlin doesn't have this volume, and I have not been able to locate any more recent editions.

If either of these opus numbers are quintets (and not quartets) it should be the right set (but there are also string quartets published as op.40)

I'd be happy to buy a new edition, or pay for photocopies (or a film) of the old edition.

I am particularly interested in No. 2 of the set, which is in D major and includes the famous Fandango, which Boccherini later arranged as part of a Guitar Quintet (which I have and don't need). However, if available I would love to have the complete set.

If anyone can help somehow, knows who to ask, etc, please let me know, personal email if you prefer.

Thanks,
Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com