[EMAIL PROTECTED] / 04.11.23 / 1:28PM wrote:

Cmd+Option+V is Paste.

Yes, I understand that. I was trying to follow this instruction:

For example, if I have just done Flute 1, I then save
that part as Flute 2, clear out the notes etc (using the clear key)
leaving the template blank with the layout preserved, change the
instrument name at the top of the page, and then paste the 2nd flute
from the score to the part.

For this, I don't think you want to use Insert.

Oh I see what you mean....I don't use the clip file feature for this. I only use the clip file feature when I am first setting up the main template that I will use for the parts. Or when I am modifying parts (inserting a new section into the middle of an existing part if I have made changes to the score other than just note changes..i.e. added measures that have time sig changes for example.) Using the clip file feature is much faster than adding the measures, then adding the time sig., then adding key sig changes, Tempo markings, then cutting and pasting in the notes etc. The clip file feature will do all of this for you all at once.

For what you are talking about above, saving flute 1 as flute 2 and then clearing and pasting in the flute 2 part, I use the regular cut and paste....cmd-C and the cmd-V to paste the flute 2 part from score to the part.

Your layout should stay if you are using the regular cut and paste. But if for some reason it doesn't, lock the format before you clear out the part. (Mass Edit Tool, type cmd-A then cmd-L . Then to unlock cmd-U.) I make a habit of locking the format when I am done copying a part anyway. It is easy enough to unlock it if you need to make changes.

Best,

Karen

My problem was layout weren't preserved, and if I disable AutoUpdate then spacing gets screwed where the new part has more accidentals.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>

Karen Guthery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ichat: [EMAIL PROTECTED]