On Nov 24, 2004, at 6:11 PM, Brad Beyenhof wrote:

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:10:32 -0500, Christopher Smith
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hmm, this would mean that if we opened all the parts MANUALLY, then the
bug might not bite? This is very interesting.

Darcy, we might have our bacon saved after all. DON'T automatically
open the parts, but open them all manually at once after extraction,
and we would be safe. Hmm.

The File Overwrite bug has never bitten me, but I never have the program automatically open parts upon extraction. If I ever have two files open, they are parts only... I never have the score open at the same time as one of its parts.

This working method may be partly responsible for my never being
bitten by the bug... even when I've attempted to reproduce it using
files Darcy has sent me.

I've never experienced this bug, and I routinely do automatically open parts on extraction, which means that the score is open at the same time. I also routinely change transposition and the instrument name in an extracted part, and save it as the new instrument. When I open the original part, it's always fine. This is in FinMac 2005a.