On Nov 28, 2004, at 9:40 AM, Crystal Premo wrote:

These are good points.

However, I've been trying to get my voice students to read music for the last twenty years, and I'd be so surprised to find a singer who does anything but follow the lyrics.

Unfortunately this is too often true, but when you encounter well trained, intelligent, and literate singers, you are often in the company of some of the most able musicians you can find. I am lucky enough to be married to one and to have a daughter with similar training and ability. There have been moments when they have put my musicianship to shame.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836