Neal Gittleman wrote:

> Greetings...
>
> FinMac2004c, System 10.3.6 on a PowerBook G4...
>
> I'm receiving an arranger's work as e-mail attachments (files are .mus
> files made in 2004).  When I try to open the files I get this message
>
> "While attempting to access [file name] the File Manager repoerted an
> error.  Finale - Error occurred. ID = -12"
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> ng

are you getting this message when you open the files or when you try to save
them?

if it's the latter, then try the Save As.. command instead of simply saving
them.

if it happens when you open them, I'd suggest that the person compact the
file first with something like StuffIt or ZipIt and then e-mail it.

Thomas Schaller