Lee Actor wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: dhbailey

Darcy James Argue wrote:

It's also not clear to me whether the M-Audio keyboard has 8va and 8vb
buttons...

The M-audio Keystation49, which costs $129.99 has full-sized keys, octave switches, velocity sensitive keys, pitch-bend and mod wheels. A much better instrument, and also available only for Mac it seems.

They used to have an ekeys49 which was like the ekeys37 but it had
full-size keys and seems to have been the windows version of the
Keystation49 but they don't list it among their current products.

The Keystation 49e indeed works with all versions of Windows.  I don't know
what the difference is with the Keystation 49, but it also works with PCs as
well as Macs.

-Lee

Wow, thanks for pointing that out. It was the Keystation 49e I was writing about, I just forgot to include the e.

I now see, there is a tiny sentence which says "compatible with Windows and Mac click for details" but in the easier to read paragraph about it, it ONLY mentions Mac, and there is a Mac icon as well as an editor's choice from MacUser icon, as well as an easy-to-read bit about how it's the Perfect Companion to Apple's GarageBand. You would think they don't want Windows users to buy it! It's as if the fact that it works with Windows is an unimportant artifact they're not very proud of.

--
David H. Bailey