On Dec 8, 2004, at 3:29 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Hiro,

View - Select Display Colors - Staff Style Bars. Pick any color you like. I use a pale gray (barely visible). Or you can turn them off entirely: Staff Tool - Staff Menu - uncheck "Show Staff Styles."

Personally, I like my gray bars, though -- visible enough to tell you they're there without being distracting.

Coda's default colors are horrible all around. They really ought to do something about that -- it really makes the program look unappealing, especially to newbies. How hard would it be to get someone with some design sense to spend an hour picking more attractive and functional colors?

Darcy,

It's hard for me to know what colors would work well, but I do feel that the defaults are too intense and distracting. Yet some differentiation of objects (placed by what tool, for instance) and layers is necessary. I find that my sense of the size and spacing of objects is affected by the intensity of the color, and I never know how things will appear until looking at a print preview.

Chuck

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]