John Poole [Finale Discussion] wrote:

I have no negative opinions about Microsoft's email client (and not much experience), however, the critical problem that makes it an *unacceptable* choice is that Microsoft tries to integrate their email clients with their applications -- and this feature is precisely what is leveraged by malicious people trying to plant spyware or other code in your system.

but it's not only MS that does this. When I installed the WINFin 2k5 update, I decided to also install the latest version of Adobe's Acrobat Reader. The attempt failed, because the version of one of the MS programs (IE, probably, rather than the email client) needed to be updated.

Not too big a problem; although the links don't work, I can otherwise read the user's manual using Ghostview.

ns