On Dec 29, 2004, at 4:23 PM, dhbailey wrote:

You said that you charge more (much more) for this sort of midi-file-to-orchestration work than for other similar work (I assume that would mean paper sketch to full orchestration engraved with finale) so my question back to you, what does it matter what it is called, as long as they are paying your rates?

-- David H. Bailey

That's part of the argument; they claim that I should be charging orchestration rate when in fact I am arranging, or charging part copying rates when in fact I am orchestrating.

Plus, I have problems figuring out what to charge, since as I said, I get widely varying levels of stuff handed to me, with varying levels of responsibility on my part, not to mention how to get credited on the project.

Christopher