Tell us a little about Lou Harrison, would you? I've always thought his music is fascinating.

RBH

Daniel Wolf wrote:

I'm a composer, sometimes doing sound installations, film orchestrations, and frequently writing about music. Born in southern California, my academic traveling papers are from Santa Cruz (BA) and Wesleyan (MA, PhD), composition study with Gordon Mumma, Lou Harrison, Alvin Lucier, and La Monte Young, studies in musical tuning with Erv Wilson (so I come from the experimental side of the new music spectrum). I lived and worked in Frankfurt, Germany from 1989 to 2000, since 2000 in Budapest, and will return to Frankfurt in mid-2005. My first notation program was homemade, written in Forth and then Postscript, then I moved to Masterscore on my Atari ST, and to Finale in the late 90's. I now have Finale, Turandot, and Harmony Assistant running on my Windows HD and Lilypond on the Linux side.

Daniel Wolf