[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have to second that one!!! I just love the score to Catch Me if You Can! And, I'm thinkin' that the notorious bar scene cue in Star Wars has got to be an Alien jive of sorts!

Wasn't the "Cantina Band" co-written with his son (Joseph)?

As far as I know, he wrote that one by himself. But in Return of the Jedi he did co-write write "Lapti Nek" (along with Ernie Fosselius and Michele Gruska) & "Ewok Celebration" (along with Ben Burtt) with his son Joseph.

Joseph BTW was the lead singer for the band TOTO for awhile...

One more thing about John Williams. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend the 20th anniversary premiere of E.T. They showed the film on the screen while underneath the screen on stage was a full orchestra with Mr. Williams conducting. He conducted the entire E.T. score to picture live_with_a_full_orchestra...!! And as far as I could tell, the performance was flawless.

FWIW, this live performance is available on the E.T. Special Edition DVD. Including a documentary about how it was set up.

Thank you Jari for this information! It would be interesting to see that documentary!

-K