On Jan 6, 2005, at 12:59 PM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

If you are interested in how I take diatonic diminish chords:
<http://a-no-ne.com/music/theory/>
Book II has the topic :-)
This, marked Draft, has error on this topic. Wherever I said 'diminished
chord resolve to' should be read 'move to' instead, because there is no
tonal resolution, while VII dim subbing for V does have tonal resolution.

I looked at your book. Very nicely put together, and I see that we agree about most things diminished.

The only thing I would (mildly) disagree with is that you didn't include ALL the common-tone diminished chords; only the ones built on I and V. Although those two are the most common ones, ALL the diatonic chords have diminished versions. IIdim7 to IIm7, IIdim7 to IIIm7, IVdim7 to IVmaj7, etc.

By the way, all the music example was done in FinMac3.2. Are we on-topic now?
:-)

Your examples look beautiful. You must have worked hard to get those results from 3.2!

Christopher