> Hi Richard,
> *How* did you figure it out?  This still stymies me.

This was the second time that I figured out what I was doing wrong. The
first time was a year ago but it did not stick!

I was trying to open the MIDI file in SONAR3 but when I used 'Import MIDI'
only the notes arrived. I realized that I had to use Open instead. Then
things worked right including correct measures, patches and tempo changes.

I put an expression at the start of the file that was defined to "play tempo
tool changes" and one to "start human playback". I don't know if these were
necessary. It seems I had heard here that they were.

Richard