From Macintouch:

The side wall of the Apple booth dedicated to the new Mac Mini (again, Apple uses lower-case for the second "m") remained packed all day. The Mini, to me, isn't as eyecatching as most Apple products, but maybe it isn't intended to be - mostly it's small and unobtrusive. Some observations:
a. It does have a fan. An Apple staffer at the booth told me it produces 22 dB, but she wasn't sure if that's when idle, in normal use, or what. Since the only units I've seen are out on the floor, I couldn't tell how it sounds. It draws air in from vents on the bottom, along three sides of the device, and blows out through vents on the back, above the ports.

Full story here:

<http://www.macintouch.com/mwsf2005notebook.html>

Best,

BC2