[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have a question that has nagged me for some time, and is about to become my current nightmare. I have a multi-movement work in three files, and the composer who I am working for has asked whether or not these can be put into one file.

Why does he want them put in one file?

Does anyone have advice on how to do this without ruining hours of tinkering?

One bit of advice is to "fake it". Keep the files separate, but adjust the page numbers, measure numbers, and system margins as needed. When you run into a situation where the end of one movement and beginning of the next are in the middle of the page, that page will need to be run through twice, printing once from each file.

I have done just this quite successfully with a 9 movement work.

ns