Darcy James Argue wrote:

I think the official announcement at NAMM means "sooner, rather than later." We can always hope.

.... The orchestral GPO can be had for around $225. I would assume the Jazz Band Library would actually retail for about the same (despite the advertised $259 price tag), and there may well be a discount/bundle for acquiring both. I think you were maybe thinking of the (upcoming) GPO "Professional" Edition, which is $500 as opposed to $225. But the "regular" GPO -- out now -- that everyone is using is pretty damn impressive as it is. I suspect the "Professional" edition will be primarily of interest to those who absolutely require string harmonics.

That last sentence would define me, AAMOF.

I wonder when this will be available? No word about any of these developments on the GPO website that I can find. I'm making do for harmonics with a combination of high violin and piccolo, but it just ain't quite it.

I love GPO, it is a big step forward, but the strings aren't quite as nice as the winds. Has anyone combined Garritan Orchestral Strings with GPO, I wonder? And if so, does that require even more RAM or processor?

Perhaps the new GPO Pro will do just that, I wonder?

Raymond Horton
Louisville Orchestra