At 09:55 PM 1/20/2005, you wrote:

d. collins / 05.1.20 / 00:27 AM wrote:

>Would you be willing to post somewhere or send me a sample PDF in both
>versions, Mac and Windows? It would be interesting to compare them.

I spent sometime to do more testing, and my original report was
incorrect.  Since I am not used to doing this on Windows side, I didn't
catch that Acrobat PDF Writer defaults to 96 dpi, and it won't stick.  I
then selected 600 dpi.  The result was much better than I initially had:

<http://www.a-no-ne.com/pdfTest/>

I took the time to compare these two files closely at various magnifications from 100% to1600%.
The mac file looks great at all magnifications while the win file is awful. What is interesting is that the line including stems and leger lines are comprised of several smaller lines (800%).  What is more interesting is that the slurs are jagged between 100% and 600%.  At 800% the jaggies smooth out but the slur contour is wavy.  At higher magnifications this waviness remains and it doesn't taper to a fine point as it does inthe mac file (1600%).

I don't know what this proves but fonts and curves are also not rendered correctly.  What do you experts make of it?

Regards,

Steve

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.