On 22 Jan 2005, at 04:04, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

John Bell / 05.1.22 / 08:25 PM wrote:

With every version of MacFin I have used, including 2005a, the
4-triangle box appears alongside whatever staff you click on in the
Chord Tool, whether in Midi or Manual or any other mode, and whether in
Page or Scroll View.

Ooooooh! You are saying don't click on the note but empty space on the stuff!! For this long years, I never knew that! The manual doesn't say this, or does it?! Arrrrrrgh!

Click either on a note or an empty space on the staff

Pressing Esc to get the Selection Tool might be
regarded as useful and it's surely a key you're unlikely to hit
accidentally. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Ur, I hit [ESC] all the time to cancel what I was doing, would you not?

If you start doing something like printing or extracting parts, then change your mind, [ESC] cancels the process and leaves you still in whatever Tool you were using.

John